+1 (888) 313-7743 Toll Free Number 24/7

Awesome College Papers

starting at $9.99 per page
I need

The Last Article on Essay Writing You Need To Read

I

Essentially, your essay is not yours. It is written for the person who will confirm your writing/reasoning ability. So, no matter how many advice articles you’ve read (and this one, of course), no matter how hard you’ve tried, how many times you’ve rewritten and honed your essay (or even if you decided to buy college papers online), you still might fail if you think your opinion matters. Hence, know who you are writing for — find some time to get familiar with that particular teacher/professor, ask for guidance, do extra research and find out what type of work is expected (including layout and formatting).

If that’s too much or you’re just not into it, consider buying college papers online and keep your fingers crossed.

One thought = one paragraph. One idea = one sentence.

No more, and, what is more important, no less.

II

Assuming you’ve finished those weird stalking sessions and left your teacher alone, it’s time to begin writing your paper. As every scholar knows, good writing starts with reading (and a couple of other things). So, before you actually write your opening paragraph be sure to:

  • Work through your sources.

  • Select the type of work (descriptive/argumentative essay, research paper, etc.) and stick to it.

  • Also, choose the appropriate language. Please, do not try to impress your teacher with your extensive vocabulary, but rather be sharp and clear with your argumentation.

  • Keep your notes (index cards, bullet point list, Evernote, recorded narration piece, or whatever makes you comfortable).

  • Determine the structure – you should make your text features a somewhat logical progression of the meaningful arguments. Finish it with a cogent conclusion.

  • Forget about your outline. Do not let your plan define or control your essay. You can even burn everything you’ve written down.

Now you’re ready. You’ve read a lot, organized your thoughts, structured your thesis (?), and digested tons of information on a given topic, thus creating a rich background for an excellent essay. It’s time to start your first draft.

Write at least three drafts. Proofread at least three times.

III

It seems you’re serious about this essay-writing thing. If so, start with this basic structure:

1. Introduction paragraph.

    1. Hook — the beginning sentence that attracts the reader (optional).

    2. Introduce your thesis (big idea/picture). Tell them what you plan to discuss.

2. Body paragraphs (two-five, on average). For each paragraph include:
    1. Claim.

    2. Evidence/Argument.

    3. Short summary.

3. Concluding Paragraph.
    1. Main thesis (yes, repeat it). Summarize what you’ve just told them.

    2. Addendum, bibliography (optional).

Again, you can always buy college paper online. But read this before.

IV

OK, you’ve written your shitty first draft. Go down one level and check the microcosm of your paper. Try to use:

a) 20 to 25 words per sentence;

b) 2 to 4 sentences per paragraph;

c) short words about 80% of the time and longer ones for the remaining 20%;

d) lean more on 1- and 2-syllable words;

e) remove as many “that” as possible (unless it alters the meaning);

f) go easy on (or cut out) the adverbs — they make your writing weak;

g) replace the phrasal verbs with verbs as much as possible;

h) split longer sentences to remove conjunctions, if possible;

i) avoid using internal clauses inside your sentences.

OK, the shitty second draft is ready. Rewrite it a few times more. Make it as simple and bold as possible. Relax.

Now, make it rich and strong: stuff it with interesting connections, semi-related quotes (“as Confucius said…”), references to art, philosophy, quantum mechanics… the usual pomo stuff, you know.

Sleep on it a day or two. Then, go for the final polish and last read.

You’re your own quarterback. Learn to proofread stuff yourself.

V

If nothing helps, go for Latin quotes. Not my line, but you know:

“If you’re fond of using Latin in English, you’ll know this saying: Quid quid Latine dictum sit altum videtur. Whatever said in Latin seems profound and deep. Solid and bulletproof wisdom.

And again: I know it’s becoming bloody obvious, but if nothing helps, — buy college papers online for god’s sake.


Back to the list